Our Core Values at First Baptist Church of Asheboro center around connecting people to God, to each other and to the world.
Connecting to God
- Worship – We value joyous worship, honoring the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as we extol the life and love of our Lord Jesus Christ. We will seek to encourage and live a lifestyle of personal and corporate worship.
- Prayer – We value prayer as our privilege of speaking with the King of the Universe, expressing and developing our intimate relationship with Him. Prayer is essential to our relationship with our loving God and is essential to our discovering His desires for us as individuals and as a church.
- Bible – We valued the bible as God’s inspired word providing spiritual food for our souls and a doorway to His will and way for living and requiring us to follow in obedience.
Connecting to Each Other
- Acceptance/compassion – We believe all people matter to God thus we seek to extend love and acceptance to ourselves and others, treat others with love and respect, and love each other as God loves us as we live authentically in relationship to each other and Christ in becoming a growing disciple of Christ.
- Discipleship – We place a high value on helping people to grow in their relationship with Christ and become maturing followers in relationship to Him and others in the world.
- Family/Children/Youth – We believe family is the cornerstone of our society thus we seek to connect with all families, singles single again, parents, grandparents and to nurture love, compassion, and encouragement in the journey of life.
Connecting to the World
- Service – We seek to help each person develop and use their gifts to serve God and others in excellence both inside and outside of the church community.
- Mission – We are a sent people responding to the call of Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to go into all the world living and proclaiming Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of life. We value the mission God gives us over convenience and personal comfort.
- Stewardship – We value commitment to being good stewards of God’s provisions of time, money, and spiritual gifts as we join together in being a missional people.