First Baptist Church of Asheboro has many mission opportunities to serve others, not only abroad – but in our local community. We generally mobilize a quarter to a third of our congregation annually and this doesn’t count what we do locally.
Our Mission teams and projects reach out, help, and show the love of Jesus Christ. For some of the people we help, it is the first time they see that love.
New Mission opportunities are featured usually on the first Sunday of January in our annual mission fair. If it’s not January and you’re interested in serving, no problem! Just contact us. We’ll connect you to the right place.
Current National Partners we will serve in 2019:
- Disaster Relief through Baptist Men
- MFUGE Camps – Students/Youth and Chaperones
- Red Springs, NC – Children and Parents (NC Baptist Men)
- West Virginia – Construction and Youth ministry in partnership with New River Baptist Church and CODA Mountain Ministry
- Wyoming – Cook Team for Mountain Top Baptist Assembly in partnership with Child Evangelism Fellowship
Current International Partners:
We have fifteen international partners we are engaging in ministry with in three ways:
- Sending Teams at their request to walk alongside the ministry of a missionary
We cannot share the details of our international mission partners because some of them live in high risk areas.
Our Very Own Mission Offerings:
On Mission National – This offering supports our national mission teams and mission partners. It’s collected in conjunction with the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering.
On Mission International – This offering supports our international teams and partners. It’s collected on Walk Offering Sunday generally one of the first two Sundays in December every year.
Mission Asheboro – This offering is collected over the summer months and supports our local ministry efforts like Multi-Housing ministries of Asheboro (MHMA), Robin’s Nest, adoption of Asheboro High School and others.
If interested in volunteering or have questions, please contact the mission team leader assigned to a team or project or Jeni Martin Johnson atext. 211