We Care at First Baptist Church of Asheboro!
The pastors and deacons of First Baptist Church are committed to Deacon Family Ministry. We want to make certain that every member and family in our church experience the love and support of the whole congregation. A strong mark of our church is the love and care extended to each other.
What is the Deacon Ministry?
The primary ministry of our Deacon body is the deacons joining the pastors and church staff in ministering to the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of each church member and family. The resident church families are divided into groups of twelve or more families. Each group of families is then assigned to a deacon who will minister to them throughout the tenure of service.
The majority of time spent in each Deacon’s meeting is used in developing deacon’s skills in ministry to family needs, praying about specific needs of families and rejoicing over needs met and victories won.
How can a Deacon help you?
Of course, you are the only one who can answer that question. However, there are some specific ways your deacon wants to try and help.
- Contacting you – Your deacon will contact you throughout the year to learn how he/she can pray for you and learn of any special needs you may have.
- Rejoicing with you and your family – Your deacon will share your joy when you celebrate important events or accomplishments in your life.
- Being a friend – As your deacon listens to your troubles and concerns, you will know someone cares.
- Giving support in times of crisis – Sometimes your deacon can help you through the crisis by listening and giving support. Other times, your deacon will know someone else or a community agency that can help.
- Answering questions about your faith, church, or denomination – Your deacon will try to find the answers for you.
- Praying for you and with you – Believing that you are important and believing in the power of prayer, your deacon will join with the pastor and other deacons in praying for you and each member of your family.
When to call your Deacon:
- When you need someone to pray with you and for you.
- When you or a loved one is sick or hospitalized.
- When you need compassionate and Biblical advice.
- When there is a death, crisis, serious illness, or hospitalization in your family.
- When you need answers to questions about church life.
When your deacon hears about your need and when appropriate or requested, he/she will make sure the Pastoral Staff has been informed so they can assist in the process of contact, care, and support.